allan
(Weather Master)
Thu Aug 02 2007 02:12 AM
Re: Enter August... Two Systems to Watch

80% of wunderground bloggers have written off 99L.. but wait till it blows up later (if it does) lol. Only 20% give it a chance at developing. I'm still watching it, very closely because it really looks like it could blow tonight to probably about this mornings storm status. Still hard to tell where the circulation is if any, I give it a 50% for TD, I say recons a go in my opinion for tommorrow.. This reminds me of 90L from last year in August lol, big blow up, no closed circulation, same deal with this one, though I think it can make it. To tell you the truth, it did maintain at least some convection throught the day so it's not over yet, could get interesting in a few hours.
Oh and where's this 20-30 knots of shear that people are saying that is ripping the storm apart because in the map i'm looking at, there's only 5-10 knots of favorable shear.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center