cieldumort
(Moderator)
Sun Aug 05 2007 02:17 AM
Re: A Brief Lull

Scatterometer shows that a LLC moved inland into Nicaragua, moving inland from roughly 12N, but this was already a long, long time ago in the lifespan of 99L.

What is almost remarkable, is how the "Wave of 99" keeps on keeping on (Can we just start calling it that? It seems most appropriate to give it its own title considering how tenacious it has been). While NHC just about wrote it off again, and again, and again, as I type tonight, the 99L floater is back up, and 99L is back up on NRL, still at 30 knots.

Most impressively, the mid-level circ appears to have crossed over the tip of the Nicaragua/Honduras border, is continue to get better organized, and may be riding WNW.

Being that I am posting from Texas, a tenacious sneaker wave like 99 is not something I think those of us out this way can kiss goodbye just yet. This is especially true given how saturated the s0ils are here. Should 99 never even come to be an officiated depression, which it is not forecast to do, the idea of a well-developed, tenacious wave continuing to gain latitude, perhaps to be steered more or less into south Texas, one way or another, be it from moving inland from the southwestern GOM, or from coming up from having already moved inland over Old Mexico, is one that those of us this side of the Gulf should still watch.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center