Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Aug 13 2007 01:24 AM
Re: Two Things to Watch and Flossie

hmm... i think its very close to TD status now... if not already... the CDO is setting up nice.. and the cloud tops in the last few hours are pretty cold. Outflow looks good, banding becoming evident in the sats...... just a matter if NHC wants to pull the trigger and go ahead in call it a TD... or wait and see what the night holds for it... If they don't at the 11pm, and it holds through the night, i would expect morning crew to upgrade... And at this rate we could have a TS on our hands very soon... i don't see anything in the short term that would hinder it.... and yes its way out there in the atlantic... kinda susprising, but its been a few years since we see this in this area....look so good..... Watching the Navy now... I would assume Navy would go ahead with the upgrade to atleast TD?

Goes-east "Central Atlantic "
**Met-9 on NOAA is ever 6 hrs**
Some of the Quickscat flags show 25kts plus... so its seems its right there.

The reason i say NHC may hold... is in the 8:05pm TWD... they said that the low-level circulation is partially exposed... i am trying to find better sat shots... wonder what sat they are using?

"A 1008 MB LOW...ASSOCIATED WITH A VIGOROUS TROPICAL WAVE ALONG
25W S OF 18N...IS LOCATED OVER THE CAPE VERDE ISLANDS NEAR
12.5N25W. SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS THE LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
PARTIALLY EXPOSED TO THE NE OF A CONVECTIVE MASS. THIS SYSTEM
HAS IMPROVED IN ORGANIZATION OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS AND A
TROPICAL DEPRESSION COULD FORM LATER TONIGHT OR TOMORROW AS THE
LOW MOVES WESTWARD AT 15-20 KT. "

Atlantic Tropical Weather Discussion

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center