Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Aug 13 2007 02:38 AM
Re: Two Things to Watch and Flossie

Holy <pick your expletive>! I go out of town for the weekend, come back into town and see a blob out in the east Atlantic on the TWO, and come here and see MikeC's discussion, mentioning a name I do not care to hear: IVAN. On top of that, NRL appears to be down, and SSD does not have a floater on 90L yet.

Obviously the discussion of a long-range path for a system that has yet to organize into a depression is very premature, but... the computer models certainly paint what could ultimately turn into a very grim picture.

I've been away since Friday as I said so I don't know the genesis of this system, but looking at the graph based upon the realm of speculation, it looks like if it develops further east, it's more likely to go into the Gulf, whereas if it develops further west, it's more likely to be more north, and take aim at the eastern seaboard, or be a fish spinner. Is this the speculation, or am I misinterpreting the graph?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center