Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Aug 13 2007 06:09 PM
Re: Yucatan Low

Here's the Cancun radar... its almost out of range now of the low thats in the GOM now... I think its been drifting to the west in the last few hours.
Cancun Radar
I would put the center Northwest of Cancun now, based on sats i have looked at.
This appears to be a western GOM system... almost looks like it going to follow the ULL, thats hindering its development right now.
RGB on Floater 2
This VIS should be the best shot of the system until it reaches landfall VIS - GOM
**noticed the storms trying to fire near the center, but are blown off to the north because of that ULL to the NW of the 91L.

**Also if i'm correct in my lat./long... TD4 should pass close to buoy Forro in the next 24 hrs.... The actual forecast is for TD4 to become a TS before it reaches it:

FORECAST VALID 14/1200Z 11.9N 38.0W
MAX WIND 40 KT...GUSTS 50 KT.
34 KT... 40NE 0SE 0SW 40NW.

with the buoy being at: 12 N 38 W (12°00'00"N 38°00'00"W)
Station 41026

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center