StrmTrckrMiami
(Weather Guru)
Tue Aug 14 2007 10:46 PM
Re: coupla things

Hello,

I am new to this forum, mostly because I have just moved to Miami, Florida (Perrine) from Manchester, NH and I have some experience with tracking storms.

Just a quick question on Dean. When I was viewing the satalite images that were recently updated, I noticed that Dean was predicted to be a Catagory 2 when he hits Haiti/Dominican Republic. Out of curiosity, is it at all possible for Dean to strenghthen when he hits the waters between Cuba and Haiti? If so, could this result in the hurricaine curving twoard Florida? preferably Miami? If someone more experienced could help me on this, because I would like to be prepared, and I have never gone through a hurricaine before.

Thanks

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center