Fla. native in Ala.
(Registered User)
Wed Aug 15 2007 01:13 AM
Re: coupla things

As someone who grew up 20 miles south of Ft. Pierce (and never had a hurricane experience until I moved to Ala. with David, Frederick and Opal), I can tell you this site is invaluable for information on hurricanes. My sister, who lives in Stuart, went through Frances and Jeanne at my house in Montgomery, Alabama. All the TV stations online were predicting landfalls in Vero and West Palm. There were those on this site that predicted both storms would make landfall through the St. Lucie inlet and they were right. My parents and other sister who stayed in Stuart were sorry they did. If they tell you to get out , do it early and just take your laptop and monitor this site. This site is really for professionals who know hurricanes to give the rest of us advice. Just monitor and learn!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center