OUSHAWN
(Weather Guru)
Wed Aug 15 2007 02:04 AM
Re: Dean

Now that we have TD#5 this thing may actually start to really fire off. I've seen it happen before with storms in the GOM. We all know how warm the water is out there and it still has some time left before it hits land. Also, Joe B. has even mentioned this before, tropical systems like to really "go off" when they get close to the Texas coast. There's something about the way the coastline is at an angle that sets them off. I remember Alicia doing that back in '83 as well as Allison when she was just a few miles off the coast in 2001. I'm not saying it will...I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised.

Shawn

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center