Allison
(Weather Guru)
Wed Aug 15 2007 06:44 PM
Re: Dean And Erin

Quote:

New advisory for Erin says that the center may be reforming further north under the main convection and watches/warnings will probably need to extended northward to include the Houston/Galveston area. That has been my thinking all along.

All the more reason why it's so important for us not to focus on the single line track.... (just like the mets have been telling us for ages!)

This is especially true since, as appears to be the case with Erin, areas north of the center (i.e., Houston, Beaumont) may see most of the rain.

When I see an image like this --

-- I try hard to put aside the idea of tracking a LLC center and instead just see a storm headed toward the Texas coast.... For me at least, it helps put it in perspective.

ETA: Sorry about the file size guys... I thought the image would appear smaller in the actual post....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center