Clark
(Meteorologist)
Wed Aug 15 2007 09:26 PM
Re: Dean And Erin

Quote:

Clark,

I certainly appreciate your knowledge and advise. The latest advisory points out what I was alluding to...the system's center is poorly defined and it keeps wanting to reform the main center of circulation. Now I know stronger storms (hurricanes) like to reform their eye sometimes but this is barley a tropical storm and it has been doing that which is why I said that I thought it was sick.

Shawn

Well, weak systems are also known to do that -- much more often than mature hurricanes, in fact. (I think you might be thinking of eyewall replacement cycles moreso than true center reformations.) These jumps/reformations can be brought about by a number of things, often associated with convection and mid-level circulation centers. These systems have a tendency to try to be as vertically coherent (upright) as possible and, if a new dominant mid-level center forms in response to a convective burst, the LLC will often to try to reform underneath it. It's generally a sign of a storm trying to intensify than one that is weakening.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center