Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Aug 15 2007 11:36 PM
Re: Deanie

It would surprise me a great deal if Dean is not upgraded at 11pm, at the latest. The overall system has begun to grow tonight, the organization appears to be quite good, with banding in almost all directions, and the estimated pressure is down to 994, which is indicative of a Cat 1 hurricane.

It also appears to have resumed a basically due west motion early this evening, right on course.

byrdh: It's way too soon to tell what, if any, impact we'll have here along the coast (I'm a bit west of you, in Valparaiso). The local mets say we'll know more by the weekend, but I think it may be into next week before we really have a handle on the ultimate destination for Dean.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center