WeatherNLU
(Meteorologist)
Thu Aug 16 2007 02:30 PM
Attachment
Re: Dean

Quote:

Hmm, there may be a weakness toward the end of the run in the ridge, the latest GFDL model run isn't all that great for those in the Gulf, hopefully that isn't a trend.

It seems the Lesser Antilles may get more storm than they bargained for, however. I'm still thinking intensity is underestimated right now.

Mike, I was just looking at this run of the GFDL. After a few runs it is seeing some kind of weakness in the ridge and it's a terrible situational thought for me here in New Orleans. They have a 160 mph, CAT 5 bomb in a eerily similar position as Katrina and moving in a similar direction.

I would be throwing up if it wasn't so far out and the models weren't flip flopping so badly.

I am attaching a pic for those who want to see.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center