allan
(Weather Master)
Thu Aug 16 2007 10:00 PM
Re: Erin makes landfall in Texas, Dean strengthens and nears Lesser Antilles

Dean is a category 2 Hurricane and getting stronger, could possibly outwit the great Hurricane Wilma (2005).. sounds crazy but temperatures in the Gulf Of Mexico are extremely warm. Hurricanes Allen (1980), and Gilbert (1988), and Ivan (2004) are similiar to Dean in a way. I still believe the Upper Level Low to the east of Florida will not weaken much and could push Dean more north than it's forecast. tonight as the NOAA aircraft is out there, they will send the information to the computer models and tonight will be the night to finally find out where Dean is headed. Gulf Of Mexico, Mexcio and away from the USA, or could it swing and hit Florida? There is also the possibility that the upcoming High Pressure System that will steer Dean in a few days could weaken a tad and bring Dean to anybody on the Gulf Coast. Those are the scenarios and it's because of the dissagreement of all the models that is making me hold my new 3rd run track. I will make it soon as I find out what these models will agree on.. folks it's very crucial.. Dean could be a category 5 hurricane once it reaches the very warm waters of both the Carribean Sea and Gulf of Mexico... last to note that a situation like Katrina is not out of the realm. Everybody needs to moniter this storm, even Florida.. it's still possible that Dean could curve up the west coast of FL, it's still has'nt reached the Islands just yet. Dean will pound them tommorow as a Major Hurricane in my opinion.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center