OUSHAWN
(Weather Guru)
Fri Aug 17 2007 03:35 AM
Re: Hurricane Dean Approaches Lesser Antilles

I've seen other storms with the same structure as well as perfect upper air patterns who have suffered the same fate of outrunning themselves. I can't remember the name off hand but about 3 or 4 years ago there was a storm in the same location as Dean is now that had everything in its favor to blow up into a monster. In fact, the official forecast was calling for it to turn into a monster, just like with Dean. However, that storm left everyone scratching their heads once it reached the central caribbean because it just fell apart...all because it was just going too fast to maintain itself any longer. Sure, I could easily be wrong,however, I could easily be right as well.

Shawn

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center