dem05
(User)
Fri Aug 17 2007 02:48 PM
Re: Hurricane Dean Approaches Lesser Antilles

To answer your question and eliminate any confusion that may occur on the forum/clarify my last post, the G-IV data. In the 5 PM NHC Discussion, they referenced that the data was entered into the 06Z model runs and that the data showed that the high pressure ridge was relatively weaker than expected. So we know that the G-IV had an opportunity to sample the ridge. Unfortunately, there is a heck of a lot of real estate out there, and I am not sure that the G-IV was able to sample the Upper Level Low over the Bahamas as well. That's why I was wondering if there were any good links that showed their mission. My specualtion is that they did not have an opportunity to sample the air around the Bahama's, but I'd rather not speculate...'cuase my thinking on that may be incorrect.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center