Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Aug 17 2007 05:11 PM
Re: Hurricane Dean Approaches Lesser Antilles

Wow... very nice eye showing up now on sats.... been some time since we have seen this in the atlantic. now we can watch for eyewall replacements and any hot towers that form... which would indicate rapid growing and strengthening.... I think that Jamica may be in trouble down the road... I don't know if the island can escape a direct hit, like they have with other systems... its going to be very close... and i guess i better fill up with gas now... i bet next week we hear stories about the gas prices going to rise....

some of the models keeps showing that tropical wave in the atlantic trying to sneak up the north side of the islands in the coming days then up the east coast... very weak... and it seems that in the long term, the atlantic ridge may weaken some?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center