Clark
(Meteorologist)
Fri Aug 17 2007 08:22 PM
Re: Major Hurricane Dean Moving Westward

I added some thoughts on Dean to a new blog post, since it's more of something not entirely relevant quite yet but more significant for down the road. Basically, it details the battle I and other meteorologists will be watching over the next day or so between the storm and the various upper level features out ahead of it. Once we get some better answers to how that will evolve, probably tomorrow, the Gulf track forecast should become clearer.

Quick edit: got some comments that my blog post may not have been as clear as it could have been, for which I apologize. I've edited it to hopefully make it a bit clearer.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center