HanKFranK
(User)
Fri Aug 17 2007 11:06 PM
honeymoon

dean seems intent on wrecking the places i went for my honeymoon. the ports of call were grand cayman and ocho rios... reverse order, but it looks like dean has them on the itinerary for sunday and monday.
clark gave his more professional take on the same sort of thing i've been mulling over. dean has been closing ground with that upper weakness, which like many do is being more persistent than not. dean will also feel the pull of the larger islands (from it's windfield being warped) and make some jogs here and there to compensate for the asymmetry. i wouldn't be too surprised if it opts for that slightly more northerly course that pushes it over the northern side of jamaica and keeps it tilted ever so slightly towards the northern edge of the guidance envelope. this hurricane is really trucking... if it is indeed designated for texas then it will be there in 5-6 day range. if you're in the state, particularly in the southern and central parts, be vigilant and concerned if on sunday the hurricane goes just north of jamaica. course, to the south and then it's probably mexico all the way.
HF 2306z17august

extra note: satellite appearance is still improving. wont be surprised if the recon finds a hurricane with a 940-950 pressure and winds around 140. -HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center