madmumbler
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 18 2007 12:49 AM
Re: Major Hurricane Dean Moving Westward

Quote:

I hope I'm not out of line by asking this question... I've been reading over all of these posts and trying to figure out just what is going on, but I'm no weather expert, just watch it alot and try to keep up with what's going on. But from reading these posts on here, I can't quite figure out if all of YOU think the gulf is more in the line of fire at this point, or is central america? I know this will be hard for all of you to answer, but I've seen some models on another website showing it hitting texas, and some on another site going no where near it. I live in Louisiana so I'm watching this quite close!!

Nobody knows for sure. Even the NHC outright stated that at this point, the 4-5 day track is very suspect and up in the air.

As with any storm, take precautions, pay attention, and make sure if the track does come your way that you're prepared.

There is a lot still to come with this storm, especially since it's intensifying into a Cat 4 (and potentially a Cat 5).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center