Nathan
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Aug 18 2007 06:16 PM
Re: Dean Continues

Pardon the new guy for speaking up. From what I understand if that TUT low starts to move west before that high gets
here that Texas could possibly be in the track. However if it and the high pressure create a wedge, then the Texas coast would once again be spared. I do agree with the previous posts, that while all the model data does point towards Northern Mexico or Southern Texas, it is still to early to tell, a lot can happen in 24 hours much less 36-48. I have seen the GFDL model do some interesting things over the past 24 hours, one of which being New Orleans, but for now at least it looks to be in agreement with the others. Guess we will see.

Nathan

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center