MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Sat Aug 18 2007 07:37 PM
Re: Dean v. Louisiana?

Right now the Hurricane Center's track is right on, and I think they are doing a great job. The most likely landfall points on the mainland are in Northern Mexico, or Southern Texas.

Other areas in the Gulf still need to watch until the storm is west of your longitude, but chances are very low at the moment it would do anything there.

The more northerly motion that I was looking for today to really change that line of thinking never happened. And I'm not seeing anything right now that would lead me to change that either.

Do you have your own take on what Dean will do? Let us know here. In that area you are free to go with gut feelings and suggestions. We're going to start moving posts like that there to try to keep confusion (and the amount of emails we get) down.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center