Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Aug 18 2007 08:39 PM
Re: Dean v. Louisiana?

Quote:

hmm... i think the EWRC is almost over now... latest sats are showing a VERY NICE eye coming out... I think Dean's about to make a run up in strength again. I know the sun is going down, but looks like to me the eye is clearing out and a better stadium effect is showing up.

The cloud tops are not as high as they could be, and the eye is a bit ragged, but... the symmetry of this hurricane is extremely impressive, and the eye appears to be completely cloud free now.

5pm advisory is out, with absolutely no changes to intensity or forecast to speak of. I'm not sure what the recon status is, but it would surprise me for the pressure to not start plummeting at any time now, and the winds to really go up in a hurry - and yes, I'm aware that they're already at 150.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center