louisianatracker
(Registered User)
Sun Aug 19 2007 02:40 AM
Re: Dean v. Louisiana?

I have been a silent viewer for several years now. I trully appreciate all of the good info and opinions. My current question relates to the generally southward movement of the storms positon as it relates to the last forecast track. I have noticed this southward trend over the last couple of hours. (see link) Please advise as to how this movement may impact future guidance and how this may affect potential interactions with afforementioned ULL and ridge. I am somewhat encouraged that Southeast Louisiana is looking like it will feel minimal impacts if current forecast holds. However, I have good friends and interests on the island of Isla Mujeres, Mexico, which is in the Yucatan, just north of Cozumel. The island has had very bad luck as it relates to historic storms with extreme low pressure recorded. Ex: Gilbert 1988 and Wilma 2005. Do you think the southward movement is a wobble, or a temporary trend. Please advise...

web page

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center