Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 19 2007 02:49 AM
Re: Dean v. Louisiana?

Quote:

Some rather impressive microwave imagery just in:
http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/tc_pages/tc07/ATL/04L.DEAN/tc_ssmis/91h/1degreeticks/full/Latest.html
Very strong internal structure, it appears.

I do not understand what is going on with Dean. The pressure has reached the lowest levels, yet the winds have now gone down (to 145mph as of the 11pm advisory). The ERC is clearly nearing completion, or from that image, it looks to be completed. My gut tells me that the 145mph wind reading is understated, and that if it has weakened, it will be very temporary, given the somewhat significant pressure drop (from 930 to 916-918). Throw in the diurnal maxima, and Dean has all the makings of a Cat 5 at any time now.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center