Random Chaos
(Weather Analyst)
Sun Aug 19 2007 03:20 PM
Re: Dean Approaches Jamaica

Quote:

I keep seeing your continual posts of Recon and Vortex info when there is a direct link to this up-to-the minute information on the main page.
Is your information different from the site's info?
I PM'd to ask you yesterday yet you have not answered...so CFHC, I apologize for taking up space when I know you are so very busy...plus, many others wish to view this site.

3 reasons:

1. Many people don't know when the new recon will come out and would otherwise miss the recon data.

2. The recon link on the site only includes the most recent recon. Same with the NHC and the Ohio State locations. Historical data is not kept, so if you want to see what changed in the last hour and a half, you need to have written it down somewhere.

3. Recon is important to understanding the storm.

If the mods didn't want the data posted, I'm sure they would have asked me and the others that post it before now. Since I've been coming here (2 years now), every major storm people post Recon. I'm not the only person, I just happen to be getting to it faster than the others for this storm.

As for the PM, for some reason the flashing "you have new mail" image never appeared. Not sure why. I had three unread messages from last night.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center