WeatherNLU
(Meteorologist)
Sun Aug 19 2007 07:24 PM
Re: Dean Approaches Jamaica

Man, looking at the last couple of frames of movement in the IR loop, it looks like the eye is going to miss just to south of Jamaica but I think there is a good chance that the northern eyewall is going to clip Kingston.

I am listening to the live feed and they are already reporting electricity outages (although they say that the energy company has not yet locked down the grid), flooding and many building collapses and wall collapses inculding one at a police station.

God help these people, I know what they are about to go through and hopefully they can pull through! They've been through Gilbert and Ivan and many others, so they know what to expect.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center