flahurricane
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Aug 20 2007 03:34 AM
Re: RE: New Vortex Message

Even if the ULL slows or stalls as it appears to be doing. The high pressure is spreading south toward north Florida. This will keep Dean on a due west track regardless of the ULL. That is until Dean exit the Yucatan Peninsula where is possibly could drift northward up the coast toward extreme south Texas.

Quote:

Quote:

Well as said much earlier in the day if the ULL stalls out before or around 90-95 West it might bring the track further north, but Im thinking that probably wont happen.

Anything is possible, though. Indeed, I've been looking at the ULL periodically today, and it has at times looked like it was stalling. Dean has obviously continued moving due west, though - but that makes sense because there was some distance between the two systems. Now, however, the inflow into the ULL, so to speak, is very close to the edge of Dean's moisture envelope. Will it be enough to yank Dean northward? The models do not think so, and neither does the NHC. I would put the possibility at something greater than zero, but I don't know how much (not high, at this point, but keep an eye on it).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center