BTfromAZ
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Aug 20 2007 05:21 AM
Re: Dean Past Jamaica, Still Moving West

I have a question that I hope doesn't seem either ignorant or unconcerned for the damage this storm is doing. I have a home in the Tucson area which at this time of year gets most of its annual rainfall from a "monsoon" flow of moisture from the Gulf of Mexico. The southwest has been experiencing severe drought for several years now. The predicted tracks for Dean shown above seem to show the storm ultimately making it into Sonora near Arizona. Does that actually mean we could hope to get significant rainfall from this storm and that it will traverse essentially the entire country of Mexico including some mountainous areas to reach us? Thanks for any views on this.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center