Psyber
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Aug 20 2007 05:51 PM
Re: Dean Past Jamaica, Still Moving West

Quote:

I'm looking at the latest models I can see. It seems that the CMC still has something crossing central Florida later in the week, but not the "storm" it showed for the last few runs. The GFS & UKMET still don't show anything.

the 1-2-3 model shows a fairly sizable area in the eastern carribean to watch as well in the next 48 hours. There isn't much there yet to forcast with so it's still very early to be placing anything striking anywhere until a real component shows up with some decent steering.

As for Dean:

REPEATING THE 200 PM EDT POSITION...18.0 N...83.2 W. MOVEMENT
TOWARD...WEST NEAR 21 MPH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...150 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...924 MB.

nothing really new to report, slight strengthening per forcast...I think that Honduras is affecting the inflow a little bit right now

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center