Psyber
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Aug 20 2007 08:33 PM
Re: Dean vortex

Quote:

H. 918 MB

Impressive in a morbid fascination way...We're looking at possibly < 160mph winds at landfall considering he's moving along pretty fast and probably won't lose much inflow before landfall. I was hoping for a little more southern track that put him slightly over hondouras but he's walking right over top of it and is going to maintain maxium time over deep warm sst's. If there's any GOOD part to a this, its that he's not exactly sitting in one place battering anything for too long.

Unless my eyes deceive me, the N-W part of the eyewall is a little more ragged then the iron curtain it was all afternoon so possibly some good news coming before landfall...

EDIT: Ummm am I misreading or did Franklin use a probable bogus speed in his calculations in the 5pm discussion?

I wanted to bring people's attention (not sure if its been mentioned yet) to the National Hurricane Center's RSS feed. Alot of people aren't into them yet but they are great for specific on the run push email updates: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index-at.xml

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center