Wxwatcher2
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Aug 22 2007 03:36 PM
Re: Dean Approaching For Second Landfall

I've follwed Dean as the storm has formed and made its way to it's demise in Mexico.
I would like to thank all the METS and weather savvy folks who have post here during
tropical events.
While I can look at the data and draw my conclusions, it's nice to get everyones input
and see what thinking goes into the posted comments.

I find it very interesting, at least for me that the NHC, while still a most worthy source
of "official" information, has become less and less porminant in the public's eye.
If you turn on the news, including CNN,FOX, NBC and others, you will note that they
all have their own METS who very very rarely if ever cut to the NHC for a live shot as
was so common just a few short years ago. My, how things have changed in the
way we receive our hurricane news. I do see a lot of anchors on the news channels
making wrong statements about the storms. Their lack of understanding and knowlege
does show from time to time.

Anyway, bye bye Dean and I'm turning my eye Eastward to see what will come our way
around Labor Day.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center