cchsweatherman
(Weather Watcher)
Wed Aug 22 2007 04:18 PM
Re: Dean Approaching For Second Landfall

The NHC were the most accurate they have ever been on forecasting a storm with Dean. There was near pin-point precision and accuracy in terms of the forecast track all the way for a one week period. They did an amazing job and I have to praise them for their undue diligence in getting this forecast track right on the money. In my opinion, the NHC is better than TWC and all local news stations combined in their conservative, yet aggressive style of forecasting which should give everyone prone to a landfall tropical system some peace in mind.

It does appear as if the wave train has been revived now, so it could be any day now when we have our next developing tropical system. The wave approaching Florida will provide some needed rainfall and maybe some gusty winds. Besides that, thank God the tropics are quiet. We don't need another Dean.

I just want to close my comment out by saying that I wish the best of luck to all those directly impacted by the fury of Hurricane Dean. Now they will need our help to recover. Please do what you can to assist not only those struck by Hurricane Dean, but the Peruvian Earthquake that killed thousands of undeserving people.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center