Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Aug 27 2007 05:23 AM
Re: Quiet, for Now, in Late August

hmm... i think the quite time in the atlantic is about to change. Some of the long range globals now for the third day have hinted at a good set of tropical waves coming off of Africa. And after watching the sats over Africa, indeed the convection in the last few days is much stronger as the showers and storms make there way to the west/atlantic. We will see how the globals do, by Wed. into Thurs. we could have something in the far atlantic. I would also watch to see if the tropical wave between 30w-35w 12n-15n does anything, i think the good old CMC was trying to flare up a low with this in a few days. And last, in the Carb. i would keep my eye on that tropical wave, which has gotten mention in the last two TWO, seems like there was a good mid-upper lever spinn down there this afternoon. Don't see anything at the surface, yet... Pressures still kinda high. Wave is moving right along to the west at a good rate of speed. Seems like this might be a interesting week to watch in the tropics!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center