Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Wed Aug 29 2007 08:35 PM
Re: Tropics Acting Up Again

When things are quiet at a time in the season when things are not supposed to be quiet, I guess that storm trackers tend to get a little antsy. I tend to agree with your assessment - waves and Invests aside, there isn't anything in the basin that shows even a hint of better organization. 95L has been blasted by shear and reduced to a barely recognizable low-level swirl. 94L is also under a sheared environment and remains poorly organized - it could eventually amount to something, but its going to take more than a couple of days. Even the latest wave off of Africa looks anemic. The elements that define the overall 'pattern' in the basin still have not changed, so I really don't see much of anything developing for awhile.

Now that I've said all of that, I'm sure that something will pop up tomorrow (but I doubt it)
Cheers,
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center