doug
(Weather Analyst)
Mon Sep 03 2007 01:57 PM
Re: Vortex

The last visible suggests that an eyewall replacement is under way. Or, perhaps it has peaked...lets hope so.
I remain interested in the patterns surrounding the system...the large upper trough that has preceded it has retrograded into the western GOM. However that may be as far as it goes as a robust high seems to be building northward from Mexico into Texas. The ULL over the Florida straits has not moved west with Felix as the one associated with Dean did. It has flattened into a SW-NE trough or so it appears. The pattern suggests a weakness near the coast line of expected land fall, and northward. I do expect the system to miss the northern Hounduran coast line on a direct hit and see land fall closer to Belize City. I am greatful the models seem so confident to that general point. But I think beyond that some questions remain.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center