HanKFranK
(User)
Thu Sep 13 2007 10:19 PM
humberto out, 8 out?

when i left things be last night i didn't think humberto had that kind of intensification left to do. proximity to land is usually cited as a reason for a storm not to develop any more, but every that only seems to work when it's mountainous land. that little sucker was dropping about 1mb an hour--would have easily been a cat 3 with another day at sea. models still take some it's essence back over the northern gulf, but i very much doubt it will redevelop. stuff like that is tougher late in the season as the westerlies start harrying things closer to the continent.
tropical depression 8 has been tropical storm ingrid for about a day. i don't think it will survive the shear, so maybe the nhc thinks it doesn't deserve a name. it will be tropical storm 8 in post season analysis, though, after holding down a 2.5 rating for four cycles and having unflagged gale vectors from the satellite overpass. don't see why they don't name it... all the reasons they've given not to have not held water at one time or another, and the tools they usually rely on have all been calling it a storm.
anyhow, td 8 will probably continue wnw for the next couple of days, and eventually peter out as the shear picks up. if it can manage one good cough of convection over the center for a few hours maybe the nhc will finally call it ingrid... but it is probably a moot point.
globals are still showing pattern-forced pressure falls in the bahamas/florida area this weekend. be wary of anything that starts trying to come up, because the pattern will probably be friendly to it.
the mess behind td 8 may try to pop something, up in the subtropics. the stuff closer to the itcz is having a bit of trouble, but is also worth monitoring at least. collectively this stuff is just in the wait and see, probably nothing mode.
HF 2219z13september

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center