Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Sep 19 2007 11:49 PM
Re: Watching 93L close to the Florida east Coast.

cleary it looks to me that a low has come ashore there just to to the south of Cape, near merrit island... it may just be another vortice spinning in.....but i have looked at alot of obs, including personal stations and local MLB radar... If this is the low, then the question is will this be the one that makes it across the state or will a new low form from the ULL in the GOM?

Finding pressures around 1007-1012mb where it came ashore...on avgerage. I would go with a 1009mb. Some of the personal wx stations have reported some nice sustained winds earlier. There is a personal wx station that has seen a 8-9mb drop today since midnight... thats a good sign i would think that there is something happen in the lower atmosphere there... aka... low?

Buoy east of the Cape, 20nm... pressure is at 1008 with 15 mph winds... southerly winds

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=MLB&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center