weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 20 2007 01:08 AM
Re: Watching 93L close to the Florida east Coast.

Well, might as well chime in with my "2 cents worth" ( may be worth more, but not by much LOL ). I do believe that the low level center which has come ashore near Merritt Island, is not by any means "transient". In tracking it however, one might think that in fact the system is moving somewhat NW'ward. In fact what I think may be happening is not unlike a vorticity max rotating around the eye of a mature system. My guess is that this low level center will not only maintain itself over land, perhaps even deepen slightly as it continues to rotate around the top, and then southwestward into the already stacked upper to mid level off the S.W. Fla. coast. Thus I would guess no additional significant development until at least tomm. night, but then finally some banding of low level feeder lines, and "then" the nice thick tropical feed might start to once and for all, drench most of the Southern half of the state. What I have less of a feel for though, is how much, if any will the upper feature move westward during the next 24 hours.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center