Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 20 2007 05:31 PM
Re: Gulf of Mexico System

two things... one with Humberto... i am going over some of the level II Nexrad data... interesting... and i saw this that night... there were, what appears to me... about 4-6 thunderstorms that blew up on the right side, maybe like inside the eyewall that reached well over 50k feet.... and with the water temps there close to the coast being warm... it was able to keep its eye closed which now i am seeing better in the radar data.

93L in the EGOM.... i still don't think there is an exact location of the low.. i think its more broad right now... but i do expect this afternoon into tonight... storms will finally get going... since the ULL has worked it way down to the surface... of course i think it will take about 24hrs and some for it to become purely tropical... will post forecast over in forecast lounge this afternoon... inline with thinking still a central GOM landfall

http://weather.cod.edu/analysis/loops/satloop.master.pl?Florida

**also i am noticing with this cool wind we have here over the panahandle... if you look offshore in the above link... alot of of low clouds have blown up...** (i know there is a term for this... warm water..cool air blown over.. i know its looks like Stratocumulus... but i think there is a term for it)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center