Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 20 2007 10:04 PM
Re: Gulf of Mexico System

Here is some visual ground reconnaisance from Plant City, Florida (about 15 miles east of Tampa)
We just had a rockin band of rain and wind come through that would easily be classified as a squall band if its winds were a bit stronger. Wish I had a wind gauge, but I don't. At least a half inch in about 30 minutes with LOTS of lightning and thunder. Lost power at my school at 5:30, (so I got home earlier than usual). Right now, the barometer here is about 29.77 in which is pretty low for here. Radar looks like there is another line building south of us, so we may be in for it again. WE may be in for the rain most of the night....at least so we hope. I would say from looking at the radar that we are not far from the center of circulation of this convection and at 29.77 pretty close to a low center as well. Should be an interesting 48 hours coming up!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center