Clark
(Meteorologist)
Fri Sep 21 2007 07:23 PM
Re: Subtropical Depression 10 Forms in Gulf of Mexico

I'm not seeing it either, and the recon reports I'm seeing don't support tropical storm classification. I see one SFMR wind of 32kt, at 2:25p ET, and a whole bunch in the 25-28kt range. In the most recent one that came in as I was typing this -- I see 5 at or above 30kt, including a 33kt report. (Note that these were all taken between 3:04 and 3:09p ET, after the post.)

I'm not saying that the report isn't true, I'm just saying that the paid subscription service may have jumped the gun -- especially given that it's been 20 minutes since the post and there has yet to be an update from the NHC on their webpage or on their data feed. It's likely that this will be Jerry, if it isn't already...but I think someone was jumping ahead of themselves unless they have some data I'm not seeing.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center