danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Mon Oct 29 2007 04:41 AM
Night satellite images

Again tonight the satellite images are into the High end of the Enhancement colorings.
Whether it's due to a diurnal maxima or just an abundance of the appropiate ingredients in the same place at the same time.

I can't recall a Major Hurricane in the last 3 years having convective towers as cold as these are tonight.
I had to check the scale at the bottom to make sure I wasn't looking at an island signature.

The RGB channel is also indicating an over abundance of lightning over the southern half of the Dominican Republic, from the eastern end of the island, to the Haiti Border.
Deadly, flash floods and mudslides are in progress I fear.

The storm appears to be more consolidated than it was about 20 hours ago. Even with the wind shear and mountainous terrain, the current signature has an awesome presentation.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/float1.html

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center