doug
(Weather Analyst)
Tue Oct 30 2007 12:05 PM
Re: More-not what you wanted to hear: Hurricane Noel

No, I think you are right, and that may not be bad news, it will certainly lower intensities...that could prolong the westward drift for a while and keep it over land that much longer, so the projected intensity of Cat I may not materialize.
On another note the WV confirms what the projected track suggests: the turn zone is not to much further west, even if the system stays to the south a bit longer, it will turn before 80W...all the steering currents are radically to the NE south of Florida, and I don't think this system is strong enough to shove that zone to the west.
Look for the storm to not cross Cuba to the Carribean but bounce back off shore to the north of the island in a few hours on a more NW'ly course, and turn as predicted.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center