Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Dec 10 2007 11:38 PM
Re: Post Season... Watch Disturbance Northeast of the Caribbean

Another one for the record books! 2007... Season with no reason? lol.... Agree with above posters/mets... Generally westward movement into the NNW Caribbean...I'm curious about the trough coming across the lower 48 this weekend, will it grab some of the tropical moisture from it and pull it north ward into the MUCH needed Florida area? We will see... interesting weekend! It appears as noted in latest SPECIAL TROPICAL DISTURBANCE STATEMENT..... Upper level winds near Cuba are screaming to the NW.... should keep this system from getting well developed... although i do see a small window for this system to get classified here in the next 12-24 hrs... Time will tell.... Was thinking atleast a TD... possible TS... if the low level center can get its act together..... but tonight i thinkin more of a Sub-Tropical System... seems there were two or so vortice i could track on vis sat this afternoon.... but then a nice blow-up convection there just north of the Virgin Islands this evening... and the very nice outflow on the north side of the system... almost makes one of the healthiest looking systems we had this year, especially in the area the invest is at!

IR Sat

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center