cieldumort
(Moderator)
Fri Mar 07 2008 05:31 AM
Re: ST Low?

This is becoming a more interesting feature to watch. I went to sleep last night and dreamt that I awoke to finding it had an Invest tag slapped on it overnight, so if my powers of clairvoyance are intact lol.

I think that the low is still showing clear signs of being having been undergoing warm seclusion. It's still quite frontal in nature. However, the parent ULL has certainly about cut off, and the fronts are becoming less obvious, with time. The most recent QuikSCAT pass looks remarkably symmetrical, with winds arguably sustained up to gale force near the center. Taken together with SSTs of around 67-69 F, all things considered, I think that enough cold air aloft exists for at least a little more transition into something that resembles a more classic-looking hybrid, but the process, if it does occur, will probably be a little slow, and the window might be small.

Floater 2

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center