Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu May 29 2008 06:56 PM
Re: East Pacific Alma Likely to Become Hurricane

Alma is should be running winds around 80-90 mph winds now (my estimate, not official) ... landfall for the center should be in the next 2-6 hrs if it maintains its slow movement to the north. See there has been another round of intense storms flaring up right on the west side of the eye....about to wrap around to the east side... another short burst in intensification?

Vis Floater
Close up of Costa Rica

**i'm interested in the area of storms near 75w and 15n... in the caribbean.. got a mid level spin to it... south of jamica... is this the tropical wave/area of storms that the GFS is goin to drag to the NW and try to develope? well the epac started off with a bang! i hope the atlantic is not like that, but i have a feeling the GFS is goin to be right down the road with something on the atlantic side flaring up within the next week or so.**

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center