weatherguy08
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Jun 01 2008 01:17 AM
Re: Tropical Storm Arthur Starts 2008 Atlantic Season

I am about 90% sure that we can write off Arthur for a U.S. landfall at this point. Models are in agreement that the ridge over the GOM and CONUS will hold through at least Wednesday. By that time, Arthur will probably be either dissipating or dissipated over inland Mexico, but as I said in an earlier post, the models show the ridge eroding during the late part of next week which would allow for storms to move northwards. Also, the long-range GFS shows the ridge remaining weak for some time. If anything develops near where Arthur did or in the GOM, a U.S. landfall would be more plausible.

I know I posted this earlier, but just to reiterate what the HPC said:

"WHILE TS ARTHUR IS EXPECTED TO DISSIPATE OVER THE YUCATAN
PENINSULA ON WED DAY 4...THE GFS AND ECMWF STILL SHOW AN AREA OF
UNSETTLED WX AND A PSBL LOW CENTER IN THE BAY OF CAMPECHE ON FRI."

Edit: changed "week" to "weak"

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center