weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Jun 12 2008 04:44 AM
Re: 91L

Interesting wave; however not sure whatever was tagged 91L, as what really catches my attention lies around 52W and 8N. Looks like a well defined low to mid level low with decent upper air, at this rather low lattitude. Granted, it has but little time to "do anything", given the proximity to S. America, however given a nice bit of bursting during the diurnal max and a little deepening, and it would not be such an oddity for the system to suddenly gain some lattitude if it were to develop. This all said, I find it particularly interesting that this tropical wave ( among others these past few weeks ) show the definition that it does, for this early in the season.

I have to say......, my opinion is contrary to those who consider the current conditions in the tropics to be "placid" or that quiet. The mid Atlantic high will vascillate of course, however seems to have become dominant with significant waves emerging off the African coast, some to maintain decent signature while traversing westward at a seemingly real low latitude, with the ridge conveniently angled so that some of these well defined waves may perhaps gain just enough latitude to possibly squeak into the E. Carib.

Maybe far little to garner any semplance of a pattern, however I am just starting to lean towards a belief that aside from the W. Carib., that in fact a "hot spot" for several systems to develop over the weeks/months to come, may be just East of the Windwards. Longer Cape Verde tracks may well ensue, come late August. If we maintain quite a strong Mid Atlantic ridge most of the season, than perhaps few if any systems may ever have the chance to bridge the Atlantic at the more typical latitiudes of 10-15 degrees. If all this were to come to pass, than "re-curving" tropical systems won't be the dominant theme of this season. That would not bode well for the Greater Antilles and the U.S. coastline in general. :?:

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center