Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Jul 14 2008 02:51 AM
Re: Bertha Stalls SSE of Bermuda, Watching Two Other Things

Quote:

Dvorak shows a strongly centered system totally different from the way it looked this morning.
Whether it's upgraded tonight or in the morning the trend is towards a rapidly deepening system pulling itself together.

Just as I suspected, unfortunately, from my own look at the Dvorak loop an hour or two ago. Based upon the way Bertha blew up extremely rapidly, I suspect we may see the same thing happen with what will be Cristobal, except that Cristobal will be on a path that will take it through the Lesser Antilles. Of course, it's too early to say for sure, but the possibility is there for a very strong system in very little time.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center