MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Mon Jul 14 2008 03:56 AM
Re: Bertha Stalls SSE of Bermuda, Watching Two Other Things

Given the flare ups haven't really stuck, I'm not so sure yet. If it does take it may gain quickly, but I'm not sure it has yet. It still looks to me that part of it is still in the Intra Tropical Convergence Zone, if more of it escapes I think it has a shot. The surface data that's there--not much-- suggest a surface low of some sort is trying to form.

Probably mid-late tomorrow, or Tuesday if it does. Positive factors tonight include some surface data showing a low level circulation, and copious amounts of lightning, which tend to favor strengthening (even rapid). Most tropical storms do not have any lightning when they become organized (except in extreme rapid intensification)

That said, it's likely model runs will bend more westward, which means the Windward islands should be the most interested in this, followed by the leeward. Track beyond that is in the realm of speculation, even so it seems likely more due westward.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center